Mondays eat the unwashed butt. Or at least that’s how it feels when the alarm goes off signifying that the weekend is officially over. I thought of a thousand reasons to stay in bed and never leave, without any great difficulty this morning. But I had to get out of bed, so instead, I came up with ten good things to get me out of bed today.
- Bob’s Burgers – If you haven’t watched this quirky slice of Americana, you’re losing. Bob’s droll resignation is balanced perfectly by his wife Linda’s (ever annoying) upbeat attitude about everything. Each of the kids are gems and every character adds spice to this show. Netflix binge worthy. It will also make you want a burger. Or maybe that’s just me.
- Obnoxious Bows – I love bows. That’s one of the things I miss since the advent of gift bags. This weekend I saw a purse with a huge pink bow and it altered my entire weekend’s trajectory.
- Chicken – I shouldn’t have to sell you on this.
- Finn Balor – He’s an Irish wrestler with a wide, smirking mouth. This is enough.
- Trapper Keepers – I estimate that an old school Trapper Keeper would improve my quality of life by roughly 7% (13% if it is galaxy themed).
- Baby High Fives – Those chubby hand slaps are stamps from the universe telling you that things aren’t so bad.
- Cartwheels – They’re symbols of freedom.
- Ballerina flats – You can wear them to work, happy hour, a date, or a street fight.
- Incense – They always make a house smell like a home.
- You – You’re made it. You could have given up in the night and no one would have blamed you, but you didn’t. Do something nice for yourself today because you’ve earned it.
That’s my list. What’s on yours?